- Academic Counseling
- Personal/Social Counseling
- Peer Counseling
- Crisis Resolution Center
- Full Circle Treatment Center Information
- National Alliance on Mental Health
- Parenting the Love and Logic Way
- Passport to Student Wellness
- Placer County Network of Care
- Runaway Safeline
- Stop Bullying
- Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Suicide Prevention Placer County
- Teen Dating Abuse Helpline
- Teen Line
- Trevor Project Support Center
- College and Career Center
- Sierra College Promise
- PowerPoints & Documents
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports
- 9th Grade
- 10th Grade
- 11th Grade
- 12th Grade
- Course Selection Process
- How to Request a Letter of Recommendation
- Counseling Newsletter
WHS Distinguished Scholar Dipolma
WHS Distinguished Scholar Dipolma
**Please Note: The Distinguished Scholar Diploma will be discontinued after the graduation of the Class of 2021.
The Distinguished Scholar Diploma is designed to recognize those students who have demonstrated academic excellence. This diploma distinction corresponds to an academic pathway which qualified students will take during their four years at Whitney High School. While the pathway is open to all students, the recommendation for qualification is that students decide, with parent approval, to choose this pathway when they enter the high school. Students in this pathway will choose to take the some of the most rigorous courses on campus. The students will have, at minimum, a proficient CST score a 3.8 GPA and will maintain the same qualifications to continue in the pathway. Students DO NOT need to take all the courses listed for the pathway, but must choose to take 60% of the advanced, honors and AP offerings.
Eligibility for the Distinguished Scholar Diploma:
By the time a student is ready for graduation, he/she must have maintained the following in order to receive a Distinguished Scholar Diploma:
- Complete courses which meet the A-G eligibility requirements
- Complete 60% Advanced/Honors courses with five of those courses being Advanced Placement classes
- 3.8 weighted GPA
- Proficient CST scores in ELA and Math and upward band movement 8th through 11th grades
- 95% attendance rate each year
- No major disciplinary or attendance infractions
- Complete a minimum of 150 community service hours to earn a Distinguished Community Service or Service Learning award.
- Complete at least one WHS leadership course (Leadership, STARS, Senior Mentor, Peer Counseling or JROTC Officer Position, Journalism Production Management).
- Completion of an academic portfolio
The Academic Portfolio
All students who participate in the Distinguished Scholar Program will be required to complete an Academic Portfolio which will include the following:
- Documentation of Distinguished Community Service or Service Learning Project completion.
- Reflective essay addressing learning skills acquired and personal growth achieved over their four-year high school experience.
- Documentation of 95% attendance record over four years.
- Transcript of courses completed.
Essays and portfolios will be graded by a cadre of teachers from Whitney High School. A passing score on the portfolio along with the grades and other requirements for the scholar distinction will determine if the student receives the diploma seal, the right to include this distinction on official transcripts and other graduation and school distinctions to be determined.