Incoming 9th Grade Registration Packet (Already in District)
Whitney High School
Instructions for 9th Grade Registration
2021 – 2022 School Year
To Parents & Students
Below is what you will need to register for next year’s classes. Please note the location of our Academic Planning Guide on the Whitney High School website at http://whs.rocklinusd.org and click on the Counseling link to view important information and a complete description for every course offered at WHS. Please review the information in the Academic Planning Guide with your parents. After deciding on your courses, complete your Freshman Course Sign ups by Monday, April 19th, 2021.
- Showcase Night, Monday April 12, 2021 (We will link more information here as it becomes available)
- Freshman Course Selection Sheet
- Academic Plan / Class Selection Presentation
- Academic Plan Instructions
- Athletic Department Information
- Academic Course Options
- Elective Course Option (view Academic Planning Guide for complete course descriptions at http://whs.rocklinusd.org)
- CTE Pathways
- Whitney Broadcast
- List of WHS Graduation Requirements
- Example of a Recommended Program for Four Year College Bound Students
- List of College Approved “a-g” Courses
- WHS Dance Class/Dance Team Audition and Tryout Schedule
- WHS Music Information
- WHS Marching Band
- Theatre Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Leadership Applications
What To Do With the Information You Receive:
- Make a list of the courses you want to take next year.
- Consult the Academic Planning Guide to review the prerequisites, recommendations, and course descriptions for each of the courses you plan to request.
- List the courses you have selected on your Course Selection Sheet in pencil.
- List 2-3 alternate electives should you not receive your first choice of electives.
- Attend SHOWCASE NIGHT on Monday, April 12th at WHS!