- Welcome to Whitney
- Address Change Form
- Back to School 2022
- Bell Schedules
- Cafeteria Menus
- Campus Map
- District Dress Code
- Health Office
- Sober Grad Night
- Spirit Wear
- Staff Directory
- Weekly Wildcat
ATTENDANCE OFFICE STAFF
ASST. PRINCIPAL (Attendance)
916-632-6500 ext. 6474
916-632-6500 ext. 6409
916-632-6500 ext. 6442
WHEN LEAVING EARLY, STUDENTS MUST CHECK OUT WITH THE ATTENDANCE WINDOW.
- Even if you have filled out the form, sent a note, or called they must stop at the window on their way out.
OPTIONS FOR CLEARING ABSENCES OR CHECKING OUT STUDENT
Please just do one of these!1) PLEASE USE THE GOOGLE FORM TO REPORT ABSENCES AND CHECK OUT STUDENTS
- Attendance Reporting Form *PREFERRED*
- This ensures accuracy and speeds up the process.
- Students will pick up their pass (yellow) before school, during passing, or during lunch, so when it's time to leave they can show their teacher the yellow pass and be excused to leave class.
2) SENDING A WRITTEN NOTE, is OK
- Sending a written note with your student in the morning is ok. This must be handed to the attendance office before school.
- You will likely get the voicemail. Please leave the student's name, the time they will be leaving and the reason they will be leaving.
- The volume of calls and multiple voicemails for the same absence is really slowing us down. We prefer the Google Form.
- For early dismissal requests we will not be calling you back.
4) PARENTS / GUARDIANS CAN COME TO THE ATTENDANCE WINDOW TO CHECK STUDENTS OUT.
Attendance (Parents / Students)
Attendance (Parents / Students)
Students are expected to be in class on time daily in order to receive maximum benefits from the instructional program. Attendance at school is compulsory until the 18th birthday or graduation from high school. Attendance procedures must be followed even after the student’s 18th birthday. Students absent from school for any length of time (one period, one day, or many days) must verify the absence within 5 days. Parents/Guardians are asked to please use the absence reporting form as the preferred method of clearing absences. A phone call is also accepted if needed.
DIALER / VOICEMAILS
- WHS and RUSD utilized the auto-dialer feature to notify parents that a student was absent.
- The auto dialer goes out each morning, two hours into the school day. We welcome communication to clear the absence or find your student asap. Please use the above form, or call asap.
- The Rocklin Unified School District authorizes certain absences to be classified as “excused” if they are for the following reasons:
- Illness or injury or having medical or dental services rendered. *(Mental Health can be used as an excuse under this category)
- Quarantine/Isolation under the direction of a County or City Health Officer.
- Funeral/memorial service and/or bereavement.
- Court Appearance or Religious holidays.
- College Visits by a Junior or Senior with documentation
- NOTE: Using “personal” is not an excused absence. Clearing absences FAQ’s
- Unexcused absences totaling more than (3) will trigger Truancy Documentation as outlined in California Education Code. Truancy Letters will be mailed after (3), (6), (9) and up. Student Attendance Review Team (SART) Meetings will be organized after (9) unexcused absences and students are subject at that time to an attendance contract and county (SARB).
TARDY POLICY (Updated August 2022)
- A Tardy (T) is marked in attendance by the teacher if a student is late to class, entering the classroom unexcused once the class period has started.
- Each teacher may have class-specific consequences for unexcused tardies that have been outlined in the teacher’s syllabus.
- Schoolwide, the accumulation of 5 Tardies in Aeries during the school year will result in one detention being issued by discipline techs. Discipline techs will also email parents.
- Schoolwide, the accumulation of 5 additional Tardies (10-total) during the school year will result in two more detentions assigned and further intervening actions that will involve parents, counselors, and administrators in order to correct the behavior of being chronically late to class.
CLOSED CAMPUS / CHECKING OUT OF SCHOOL
- Whitney High School is a closed campus. Guests are not permitted.
- Parents, pre-scheduled guest speakers, or military guests need to sign in at the WHS reception desk.
- Permission to leave campus must be communicated by the absence reporting form, written note, phone call, or a personal appearance by the parent/guardian prior to the school authorizing the student to leave campus.
- Parent’s Responsibility to include in the form, note, or call:
- Student’s first & last name.
- Date, time, and reason the student is leaving.
- Your signature and daytime phone number.
- Student’s Responsibility:
- If you have a note, bring a note to attendance window before school, break, or lunch for a check-out slip.
- Show the check-out slip to the teacher at the beginning of class and watch the clock to leave on time.
- Agree with parent/guardian on a place to be picked up.
- Students MUST check in at the attendance window upon late arrival or return to campus any time after 8:45 a.m. and before 3:40 p.m.
- Students who leave campus without properly checking out at the attendance office will be assigned detention.
- A forged note or call will result in disciplinary action.
INDEPENDENT STUDY (Pre-Arranged Absences / COVID Isolations)
- Students who will be out between 3 and 14 consecutive days need to contact the school attendance office.
- Students will be placed on an Independent Study Contract which will allow us to excuse the absences and reclaim ADA money from the state.
- The contracts require work to be completed during the absence and be submitted the day you return to school. The assignments will be outlined on an interactive Google Doc and may be submitted online or printed out at the end.
HOME HOSPITAL INSTRUCTION (HHI)
- For excused absences due to long-term emergency / medical needs families can apply for Home Hospital Instruction. Please inquire through your student's counselor if you foresee an extended absence due to a medical need for a period of 3 weeks to 6 weeks.
- Absence period requires medical note.
- Students on IEPs will need to go through the IEP process to approve such an extended absence.
- To start this process, please print this parent packet and begin filling it out. A doctor’s note is a part of this process. If you have any questions contact your counselor and/or attendance office.
COVID RELATED ABSENCES
- Parents/Guardians now have the ability to complete our RUSD Covid Survey. This will alert the school’s Health Team of your child’s absence and they can follow up as needed.
- NOTE: You must still call the school attendance line and report their absence.
- Please follow the link below to complete the survey. It is password protected from the general public.
- Survey Link: COVID Survey
- Password: 2019
- Survey Tips:
- Symptoms of COVID-19: select all the symptoms they have experienced, both current and past symptoms as related to this illness
- Contaminated areas and Close Contacts: ask your student where they have been on campus; this aides us in our contact tracing and state reporting
Attendance Matters Video
Attendance Matters Video
Created by the WHS Broadcast Department for the Rocklin Unified
School District and shown on Back to School Night