- Welcome to Whitney
- Address Change Form
- Back to School 2022
- Bell Schedules
- Cafeteria Menus
- Campus Map
- District Dress Code
- Health Office
- Sober Grad Night
- Spirit Wear
- Staff Directory
- Weekly Wildcat
District Dress Code
RUSD District Dress Code
In our dress code, we believe:
- Dress code policies will maximize educational opportunities and time spent learning as clothing should not create barriers to learning.
- Reasons for conflict and inconsistent and/or inequitable discipline should be minimized whenever possible.
- School staff will be trained and be able to use student/body positive language to explain the dress code to address code violations.
- All students will be valued in their full identity and treated equitably; will be able to dress comfortably for school without fear of body shaming and unnecessary discipline; will understand student dress code expectations and that they are responsible for managing their own personal distractions while also honoring individual’s clothing/self expression.
Students Must Wear:
- Secured clothing that protects and covers personal body parts.
- Shirt - Must have strap(s) that connect over at least one shoulder or around the neck with fabric in the front, back and on the sides under the arms. The torso must be covered. Shirts must be able to stay up on their own.
- Bottoms - (pants or the equivalent) that completely covers the buttocks.
- Footwear - Must have soles.
- Clothing that maintains a safe learning environment in classes where protective or supportive clothing is needed, such as chemistry/biology (eye or body protection), dance (tights/leotards), or PE (athletic attire/shoes).
Students May Wear:
- Hats/hoods - Hats are allowed on campus; however, students are required to respect the request of individual staff regarding the wearing of hats in the classroom.
Students Cannot Wear:
- Visible underwear. (Visible waistbands, straps, or compression shorts worn under other clothing are not a violation.)
- Images or language depicting/suggesting drugs, alcohol, tobacco, vaping, or paraphernalia use (or any illegal item or activity)
- Images or language representing hate speech, profanity, or prejudice
- Images or language that depict weapons or violence or gang affiliation
- Images depicted on clothing must be within RUSD dress code
- Clothing, jewelry, and personal items with lewd, obscene, or sexually explicit messages or pictures are prohibited.
- Any object that obscures the face (except as religious observance or for health purposes)
- Accessories that could be considered dangerous or could be used as a weapon.
- Swimsuits except as required in class or athletic practice and only in the area of campus necessary for class or practice
Board adopted: 19 January 2022